Clagg Wins Big at 2013 NWLA Wiffy Awards

I've said it a thousand times but 2013 has been one of the greatest years of organized wiffleball that West Virginia has ever seen. This year we played more games and with more teams than ever. We participated in a tournament that featured leagues from around the Northeast, Midwest, and Southeast. We recorded over 100 hours of games (many of which will be posted in the coming weeks) and hit more home runs than I thought imaginable. I couldn't be more proud as a commissioner and it was an honor to be a part of this season. Greg and I could not have done it alone and I want to thank all of you who participated and helped out in 2013. Greg and I have HUGE plans for the 2014 season and I hope that you still want to come back and help make 2014 even better!

As if all of that was not enough I have recently discovered that our website is now ranked in the top 10 league sites in the country. We had 7 players honored with being named on national teams, and now we have finally been honored with some recognition for the Wiffy Awards. The HWL has never won a Wiffy award as a league or ever had a player win until now. Considering how small of a league we are in comparison to some of the giants it is an honor to receive a Wiffy Award at all, let alone four! Stranger still is the fact that three of the awards were for just one of our players - James Clagg. Everyone knows that Clagg had a phenomenal rookie season and he won National Rookie of the Year, South Region Rookie of the Year, and South Region Hitter of the Year. I don't think I have to tell you how rare it is for one player to win so many awards. We also won Photograph of the Year with our "Smokin' Plastic" photo featuring Randy Steele blowing cigarette smoke in and out of a wiffleball. To see a full list of all who won Wiffy Awards click HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment